ASPIRE Summer Bridge
Are you preparing to begin your first year as an engineering student at the University of Colorado Boulder? The BOLD Center’s ASPIRE (Achieving Student Performance, Interest and Retention in Engineering) program is a great way to begin your future as a creative problem-solver.
ASPIRE is an intensive residential academic engineering program for students during the summer before their first year of college. It’s a fun and challenging opportunity to become acclimated to engineering studies and life on the CU-Boulder campus, and to make lasting friendships. Did you know that students who enroll in Summer Bridge have higher graduation rates than those who do not participate? Kick-start your engineering future at CU-Boulder with ASPIRE… because your dreams need doing!
Early Registration: May 5th_$300
Regular Registration: May 23rd_$400
Late Registration: June 9th_$450
The BOLD Center provides partial participation fee waivers for students in need. Please contact The BOLD Center for more information.
Participate in ASPIRE and join the BOLD family as you prepare for your transition to college life!
Enter the school year with strong friendships from living, learning and socializing with other diverse and motivated first-year engineering students — and develop relationships with upper-class students to form valuable networks that will benefit you for years. The social connections you make with your peers are as important for success as the academic skills that you develop. Take advantage of a community that prepares you to make a world of difference as a successful engineer.
During your on-campus stay you will attend classes that prepare you to excel in your upcoming college engineering coursework. You also get academic advising to help you select courses to provide you with a solid academic foundation for your CU-Boulder engineering career. During ASPIRE, you will:
- Engage in an engineering team project
- Get to know College of Engineering faculty and administrators
- Improve spatial visualization skills
- Determine placement for calculus
The 2014 program runs from June 23-29.
- ASPIRE is open to incoming first-year students admitted to the College of Engineering and Applied Science. If you are not admitted to the College of Engineering but will be attending CU-Boulder next fall, please contact Dr. LaRuth McAfee (email@example.com), as you may also be eligible if space permits.
- Cost: $400. Financial assistance may be available for students who qualify; please contact Dr. LaRuth McAfee for more information.
Please click here to apply for ASPIRE Summer Bridge!