Would you like to get a head start on research and explore your interests during your undergraduate years? Or are you a graduate student who wants to give back and mentor an undergraduate student? The Your Own Undergraduate Research Experience at CU program (YOU’RE @CU) may be for you! YOU’RE@CU is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate students to gain practical research experience in engineering by linking them with graduate students in their majors. Get hands-on experience in your undergraduate years that will inspire you to make a world of difference! Applicants must be engineering majors in good academic standing.
Details for Undergraduates
Undergraduate participants in the program:
- Work with a graduate mentor for 3-5 hours per week
- Get exposure to a lab environment and learn the basics of working in a lab, testing a hypothesis, and analyzing data
- Participate in a weekly seminar class for one pass/fail credit
- Make a poster about your experience, and present it together with your graduate mentor at the end of the semester
For more details and application information, see the Undergraduates page.
Details for Graduates
- Work with an undergraduate student for 3-5 hours per week
- Gain leadership and mentoring experience, attend a workshop on mentoring and learn how to productively integrate an undergraduate into the lab environment. List this on your CV under teaching and mentoring experience!
- Get an extra pair of hands to help you with your research
- Present a poster about the experience (the poster is made by the undergraduate student) at the end of the semester
For more details and application info for graduate students, see the Graduates page.