BOLD’s purpose is to break down the barriers that keep too many of today’s young talent from reaching their aspirations, and help students realize their full potential as engineers… creative problem-solvers ready to shape the future! BOLD gears it’s activities around students under-represented nationwide in engineering colleges, including first generation college-bound, women, under-represented minority and low-income students. However, BOLD Participation Scholarships are available to any student who supports the BOLD Center mission and wishes to contribute to the CU-Engineering community through BOLD.
The 2015-2016 BOLD Participation Scholarship Application is now available for Incoming First-Year Students! The application for Returners/Transfers will be available later this year.
If you would like to prepare for the essay questions on the application, view the essay questions here. Learn more about scholarship requirements and information below.
Are you interested in giving back to your community?
BOLD Participation Scholarships are a great way to support your education while giving back to the engineering community. Scholarships are offered to incoming, first-year engineering students and are renewable for up to four years. BOLD Participation Scholarships are $2,000 per year and are renewable for up to $8,000 over 4 years if all requirements are met.
Note: current BOLD Participation scholarship recipients need not reapply; however, you must fulfill BOLD community participation and reporting requirements for renewal.
Is a participation scholarship right for you? Learn more!
- Review the Scholarship Requirements
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions
- The application includes two essay questions that usually takes about 30 minutes to complete. Click here if you would like to preview the essay questions before beginning.
Need to report hours of volunteering, student society involvement, or professional development?
All participation requirements are now tracked in D2L. All Scholarship recipients are enrolled in the “BOLD Scholarship Participation 2014-2015” course and can view requirements and upload involvement/hours there.
Who should apply: Upperclassmen (sophomores, juniors, seniors for 2015-2016), Transfer students (from outside or within the University), students who had a BOLD or GoldShirt at one time but lost their scholarship
Who should not apply: Incoming first-year students for 2015-2016 – these students should apply for a BOLD Participation Scholarship (4 year renewable)
Eligibility for the 1-Year Scholarship
- Cannot be receiving a BOLD or GoldShirt scholarship already (if you previously had one of these awards but lost it you are eligible if you meet all other requirements listed)
- Must be Anticipated Fall 2015 full-time (≥ 12 credits) enrollment in the CU College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Planning to take courses toward an undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline
- College coursework GPA ≥ 2.8
- Includes all college coursework even if done outside of Engineering
If you would like to prepare for the essay questions on the One-Year Scholarship application, view the essay questions here.