Become a Tutor
The Student Success Center is a great place to work! SSC Staff work 4-8 hours per week leading engineering students through individualized tutoring sessions that emphasize developing understanding with concepts and approaches to problem solving. In addition to offering support for math and science foundation courses, the SSC offers support for circuits, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, material and energy balances, materials, and other sophomore and junior level courses. The positions for the 2011-2012 year are now filled, but hiring for the 2012-2013 academic year will begin toward the end of the spring 2012 semester. To review the previous application for reference, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Bev Louie:
SSC Staff Qualifications
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA, with a minimum B+ in the course to be tutored.
- Must have sophomore, junior, senior or graduate-level status
- Have successfully completed at least one semester of graduate or undergraduate coursework at the CU-Boulder College of Engineering & Applied Science.
- Attend a mandatory training session.
- Attend 3 group meetings with the Program Coordinator per semester.
- Monitor and report on student attendance in the BOLD Center’s SSC.
- Complete Sexual Harassment Training by the deadline.
- Find a suitable replacement for any sessions unable to cover, and notify the Program Coordinator of such.
- Commit to dates of employment each semester: Wednesday of the first week of classes through the end of the semester.
How to Apply
In order to apply for an SSC Staff Tutoring Position, you must submit your application online. In addition, an unofficial transcript must be submitted to Dr. Bev Louie by email. You will be contacted to schedule a half-hour technical interview after submitting your application.
Graduate Students: $15 per hour
Undergraduate Students: $10 per hour